extra $$$

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

As an Independent Insurance Agent in Arizona who specializes in construction trades, and someone who was a construction contractor for the past 15 years, I was taught that it is my duty to my client to find the best insurance policy through the outlets I have access to. That does not mean I shop an application to 3 out of 5 carriers and pick the one I think is best for my client. It is not my job to make insurance purchasing decisions for my clients. They are paying the premium, not me. They are the ones that have to live with themselves if they made a bad decision. My duty is to present my client as many quotes as I can obtain, explain them to my client, discuss the pros and cons of each one and let my client decide which policy is best for his needs. That does not always mean the least expensive policy will be selected or the most expensive will always be declined. During my 15 years as a contractor, I never had an agent bring me more than one quote. That was all I had to choose because that's what the agent told me I needed or it was all I could get due this reason or that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment